Event update

Submitted by lukasz on Wed, 03/31/2021 - 09:56
With the Citi Handlowy IRONMAN 70.3 Warsaw and Citi Handlowy 5150 Warsaw event date approaching fast, we would like to give you a detailed update on the event status as of today. We truly believe this will help you continue your training or plan your participation in the event.

As of now, we have decided to continue our preparations for the race on its original date – June 6, 2021. We do not take things for granted and acknowledge that it is impossible to fully guarantee that the race will be allowed to take place on the scheduled date due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the governmental restrictions in place. However, based on discussions with various stakeholders and the anticipated upcoming review of restrictions expected in April/May, we believe that it would be too soon to give up on the original date of the event now.

We will have a further update no later than April 30. Please also note that in case the race cannot take place in early June, it will be postponed to a new date – September 5, 2021.

Notwithstanding all of the above, we do understand that another month of uncertainty is not what you might be hoping for. With this in mind, all the currently registered athletes of the 2021 Citi Handlowy IRONMAN 70.3 Warsaw and 2021 Citi Handlowy 5150 Warsaw should now have received an email with available options.

We look forward to providing you with an exceptional race this year. If you have additional questions or did not receive the email with options, please contact: warsaw70.3@ironman.com or 5150warsaw@ironman.com.